Led procurement transformations for multi-division, global businesses
- 2011-2012: Led transformation for Harsco, a global $3B industrial services firm with four divisions across 55 countries. Instituted a best practices center-led model, coordinating strategic procurement across divisions, functions and geographies. Accountable for $1.3B spend (both direct and indirect) and 60 strategic sourcing professionals. On track to deliver $37 milling savings, 24% ahead of plan, through revamped procurement organization and operating model.
- 2009-2011: Led a procurement outsourcing program for a $5B Fast Moving Consumer Goods firm. Accountable for $620M spend, 13 staff and $4.5M operating budget. Transformed operations to a best practice model. Delivered savings of 13% above target within initial 2 years. Program received 4.3 out of 5.0 customer satisfaction rating.
- 2007 to 2009 - VP, Worldwide General Procurement for Hitachi Global Storage Technologies, a $5B technology firm. Accountable for $1.5B spend, 115 people across 6 global regions and $7M operating budget. Reduced 2008 operating expenses by 13% ($130M) relative to ‘07 levels, contributing to Hitachi's first-ever profitable year. Savings performance was 2 times better than any prior year.
- 2002 to 2007 - Vice President, Strategic Sourcing for Nortek, a $2B Private Equity firm. Accountable for $800M+ spend, matrixed reporting of 92 staff and $6M operating budget across 27 portfolio companies. Reduced total cost structure by $106M (~12%), under a market environment where commodity and energy price indexes increased over 150% during the same period.
Principal at A.T. Kearney, a top-tier, global management consulting firm (2001 revenues of $1.4B). As a part of the senior leadership team I was charged with building a Strategic Sourcing practice in Asia and managing multi-million dollar consulting engagements.
- Helped build market-leading Strategic Sourcing consulting practice in Southeast Asia (’96-’01). Led 5 of largest sourcing engagements in this region, with scope up to $4B spend, 60 staff, 16 project teams.
- Delivered savings of $8-54 million, providing clients over 7X return on consulting investment
- Transformed 7 client organizations to best practices levels, increasing savings performance 3X+
- Developed over 40 high calibre consultants, many who progressed to VP level
- Received A.T. Kearney’s highest award for impact and quality of client work in 1998 and 1999 (“Great Client Work Award”). Chaired 2000 Award Committee.
- MBA, Strategy and Operations, Wharton Business School
- MS, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
- BS, Civil Engineering, Carnegie-Mellon University
Global Transformation Executive